This recipe, for which we highly recommend using homemade bread, combines kale, spinach, avocado, and goat cheese together in a delicious grilled cheese.
- 2 slices bread
- 2 tablespoons kale pesto
- 2 slices mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup baby spinach
- ⅓ avocado, sliced
- 3 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese
- Preheat a cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Spread kale pesto on each slice of bread.
- Place a slice of mozzarella (or your other favourite cheese) on each slice of bread.
- Place baby spinach on top of one slice of bread.
- Slice avocado and place on other piece of bread. Top with several clumps of crumbled goat cheese.
- Quickly and carefully put the sandwich together and grill on a cast iron skillet over medium heat until bread is toasted and cheese has melted, about 3 minutes per side. It may be helpful to cover the skillet with the lid of a large pot to help the cheese melt.
- Serve immediately.
- 18 fat
- 38 carbs
- 17 protein