Store bought hummus is bland and expensive. This simple, no-fuss, and much healthier recipe makes a delicious hummus for a fraction of the price.
- 15oz / 15 ounces organic garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained
- 2 tablespoons water or liquid from canned garbanzo beans
- 40g / 2 tablespoons tahini (sesame paste)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons coarse sea salt, or to taste
- Place all ingredients in a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Cover and process until pureed.
- Serve with pita chips, warm pitas, or veggies. Store remaining hummus in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 10 days.
- 50 fat
- 40 carbs
- 20 protein