Add a colorful and tasty zing to your sweet potatoes by adding cranberries and pineapple. They compliment and accent the natural sweetness while also adding a tangy dimension.
- 4 to 5 large sweet potatoes or yams
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon, or to taste
- 15 ounces whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 small can of crushed pineapples, undrained
- Peel the sweet potatoes and chop into 1 to 2 inch thick slices. Place in a large stock pot and fill with water until potatoes are completely submerged and are able to float with about ½ inch of room.
- Boil over high heat until potatoes are tender, approximately 30 minutes.
- Once tender, drain potatoes and place in a large mixing bowl. Add butter or margarine, milk, and season with salt and pepper. Whip the potatoes for one to two minutes until butter is well mixed.
- Add nutmeg and cinnamon and whip potatoes until smooth and creamy.
- Stir in cranberries and crushed pineapple.
- 21 fat
- 84 carbs
- 3 protein