This easy recipe only takes about 10 minutes to make – start to finish – and it's both delicious and nutritious.
Note: if you are not following a low FODMAP diet, feel free to add onions and garlic to this recipe for added flavor.
- 1 package ground turkey (about 1+ lb)
- Olive oil
- 1 14-ounce can organic fire roasted tomatoes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Seasoning of your choice, such as a dried Italian herb mix, to taste
- 4 medium zucchini, spiralized
- For garnish, freshly grated Parmesan cheese and a drizzle of *basil olive oil (*see note below)
- Add a drizzle or two of olive oil to a large and heat on medium-high (other oils that are wonderful drizzled over to finish this dish are truffle oil, lemon oil, or any non-flavored high-quality olive oil). Add ground turkey and cook, breaking up the meat with a spatula, until browned, about 3 to 4 minutes. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and Italian herbs. Transfer to a serving bowl and set aside.
- Add a bit more olive oil to the skillet (if necessary) and toss in the zucchini zoodles. Cook, tossing frequently, until softened, about 3-5 minutes depending on how cooked you'd like them (I like them still a bit tender, which is a cook time of about 3 minutes). Transfer to the serving bowl and gently toss with the tomato meat sauce.
- Plate and top each serving with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and a drizzle of oil.
- 15 fat
- 18 carbs
- 19 protein